Monday, June 16, 2014

“Can I get a #3 off the (Law) Menu, and make it a NO JAIL time please.”

I had to laugh when one of my clients joking said that to me last week.  I wish it was that simple, like how you can order a fast food meal from Macdonald’s.  But even then, Macdonald’s drive- thru would still manage to screw up my order sometimes.  Well, law is a bit different.  Macdonald employees have complete control over listening carefully to a customer and not put XYZ in an order or vice versa.  I can’t always control the outcome of a case to an extent.  There are many variables, such as facts of my case and defenses available, which judge is presiding over the case, witness availability issue, witness credibility, etc.  That goes the same with prosecution.  They may have a very winnable case at first glance.  But their case may fall apart because of the very same variables.  Now, I do understand that the most basic thing  in customer service satisfaction in the law business is returning phone calls.  That  is something within my control.  To that end, I will always provide 100% customer satisfaction and keep my clients apprised of the progress (or the lack of). 

No comments:

Post a Comment